46th UKMI Conference 2020
The 46th national UKMi conference was held on 15th September 2020. This was our first virtual conference.
Congratulations to all the prize winners:
Peter Golightly award for MI Excellence
- David Erskine, Director London MI
- Courtney Edrich, MI Pharmacy Technician, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
- Claire King, MI Belfast; Information that is easy to swallow
- Daniel Hill, Regional Drug and therapeutics centre in Newcastle; Remote Working in a Regional Medicines Information Centre during the COVID-19 pandemic – challenges and successes
iPoster highly commended
- Emma Fallows Office Administrator, West Midlands regional MI centre; 20 years on: how does the UKMi network use mi-uk?
You can view and listen to each iPoster (attached below) by launching as a Slideshow within Microsoft PowerPoint.
This will begin the accompanying audio and you can move between the slides whilst listening to the presenter’s narrative. Ensure that you have your audio set correctly so that you can hear the recordings.
Please note that if you reach the end of the iPoster this will automatically end the audio.
Welcome to the UKMi virtual Conference and prize giving
- Helen Davis, Chair – UKMi Executive & Director, North West Medicines Information Centre
- Dr Keith Ridge, Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, NHS England
The Future of Pharmacy Education- implications for training the future pharmacy workforce: Panel discussion
- Dr Mathew Smith, Director of Education, Cardiff School of Pharmacy
- Gail Fleming, Head of Education and Training, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Ellen Williams, Director of Regional Pharmacy Training, South West MI & Training Centre
- Alex Scarbro, British Pharmaceutical Student Association
Good information design for patient safety: a new design for Medusa
- Dr Matthew Jones, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology, Bath University
Future technology for Medicines Information– remote clinical support, artificial intelligence, and beyond: Panel discussion.
- Dr Simon Wills, Head of Southampton Medicines Advice Service
- Andrew Davies, Director of Pharmacy, Prescribing and Medicines Optimisation, Improvement Division, NHS England & NHS Improvement
- Dr Phil Webb, Head of Value based Healthcare, Chair of Artificial Intelligence Working Group, NHS Wales
- Alana Adams, Principal Pharmacist, Welsh Medicines Information Centre
Presentations by the winners of the iPoster practice submissions
- Remote Working in a Regional Medicines Information Centre during the COVID-19 pandemic – challenges and successes– Daniel Hill, Regional Drug and therapeutics centre, Newcastle
- Information that is easy to swallow– Claire King, MI Belfast